THIS SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Easy to use interface : Everything is inside a single window with a tab sheet componen t to divide the different sections;
- Customizable interface : You'll be able to add functionnalities to the server GUI directly from a script;
- No built-in protocol : The communication protocol has to be coded by the administrator with the script engine of the server. You can create an IRC server as well as an FTP server as long as you know how to manage the protocol;
- A powerful script engine : Allows you to import/export your whole script configuration or a single script to text files. The open-source ideology is respected because you cannot export only the compiled script;
- mySQL powered server : It's not a choice, it's a must. In order, to use the server, you must have access to a mySQL database on a local or external server. The server uses the database to store the scripts. You can also send mySQL queries from a script to allow you to keep track of the users, store informations, etc.
- Anything that I'll be asked for and that I find useful.
Current state of developpement
The main interface is done and it will have only some minor changes. The mySQL link is done along with the database setup. The script engine
is started, you can now retrieve the scripts stored in the database and show their source code. The compilation module isn't started yet, but it's the last
thing that needs to be done. I'm thinking about doing the engine in a DLL so it'll be easier to update and it will be reusable for other applications.